- 1 stick (8tbsps) unsalted butter, softened and cooled
- ½ cup apple sauce unsweetened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 large apples, cored, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Whole Wheat Sugar Free Apple Cake
I love the fall weather and especially the crispness and sweetness of the apples. I recently purchased 20 lbs of organic Fuji apples from Azure Standard, a provider of quality bulk and natural foods. I think half is already gone. My favorite clean eating recipe for apples is apple cake and my kids love it, too! What I love most about this recipe is no sugar is needed. The apples' own sweetness makes this recipe a delightful dessert.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add them to the moist mixture. Mix again until the batter is smooth. Fold in the apple cubes.