Wednesday, February 29, 2012

BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos

I must admit that lately one of my pregnancy cravings has been nachos, but I wanted to use the leftover smoked pulled pork from the freezer somehow.  In searching online, I found a recipe I liked at Real Mom Kitchen, but knew my family would not like the coleslaw, so with some modifications, this is what I came up with...

Ingredients:
1 bag (around 12 oz.) triangle or round shaped corn tortilla chips
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can (16 oz) chili beans in medium sauce, undrained (I used Mrs. Grimes’s)
2 cups leftover smoked pulled pork tenderloin (see recipe here)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce of your choosing
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
1 cup diced tomato
1 cup diced sweet red onion
1 small can diced chili's
chopped lettuce of your choice

I preheated the oven to 400°F and lined a 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spread the chips evenly on the pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over chips. I divided 1/3 of the lined sheet for the pulled pork without beans and no tomatoes (my kids dislike beans and dear daughter really dislikes tomatoes).

In medium sauce pan, mix together chili beans and pork. Drop the pork mixture by small spoonfuls over chips. Top with onions, tomatoes, chili's and mozzarella cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce or any other toppings you so choose. Serve immediately.
Nachos before placing in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment