Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homemade Cream of Celery Soup

I had so much celery left behind this holiday season and what better way to use it up than a cream of celery soup...I have never made it from scratch before and it tasted really good. I think next time I will add more salt. It does make a big batch and with so much left over, I think I will freeze some and use the rest for tater tot casserole in a couple of days.

Ingredients:
1 onion diced
4 TBSP butter
1 heaping TBSP flour
3 cups celery diced
1 cup peeled pototoes
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 cup milk
1 can evaporated milk

In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and add onions. Cook onions until translucent. Add flour to create a rue. Then, add celery, potatoes, and broth. Cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender.

Process half the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add smooth mixture back to sauce pan and add milk and seasonings.

No comments:

Post a Comment