Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Top Sirloin Beef Fillet with roasted green beans

I don't want my husband and I to become too bored with the Harcombe diet since we are limited to only meat and vegetables in phase one and no carbs/fruit and are extending the first phase (phase one of the Harcombe diet which is normally 5 days) to 30 days for maximum weight loss. Then, we will switch to phase 2 of the diet and slowly incorporate carbs/fruit back into our diet according to the phase plan. Tonight's supper is actually only day 2 on the diet and I know I am suffering from carb withdrawal with headaches and body aches already! And what was even worse! My parents took my daughter out for ice cream with me in tow. Let me tell you my self control was challenged greatly, but I emerged victorious and refrained from enjoying a decadent frozen treat! So here is the meal plan for tonight. To be honest, the ingredient measurements are just guesses. I don't really measure anything, just a dash here of this and a dash or two of that.

Top Sirloin Fillet rub
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp sea salt

1 hour before cooking the 8 oz steaks, I rubbed on the above mix, wrapped them up and placed them back in the fridge for 1/2 hour. 1/2 hour before cooking, I took the steaks out of the fridge to warm to room temperature so as to not seize up the meat when cooking in the hot frying pan. Cook steaks on the grill or in a frying pan to desired heat. I prefer medium to medium well.

ok after cooking the steaks with this rub, the smoked paprika flavor was a little overwhelming, so next time I will reduce the amount by 1/2 or not include it all.

Roasted Green Beans
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spread green beans on foil in one layer. Drizzle with 1-2 TBSP of olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and ground thyme. place under the broiler for approximately 15 minutes, turning halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment