Monday, March 1, 2010

Pork Loin Ribeye Chops

Tonights supper consists of a recipe inspired by RealAge.com called Lemon Caper Chicken with sweet potato puree. I, of course, do not have any chicken thawed but do have some pork loin ready to go in the fridge and who buys capers...not me. I think these flavors will work just as well on the pork and the mustard almost crystalized on the outside of the chicken (when I last tried the recipe) during the broiling process.

Pork Loin Ingredients:
4 Pork Loin Ribeye Chops 5 oz each
1 TBSP Lemon juice
1 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP finely diced onions
1 TBSP Dijon Mustard

Preheat broiler. Place pork in an aluminum foil lined shallow roasting or baking pan, whatever you have on hand. Combine remaining pork ingredients above and spoon over pork. Broil 6 inches from heat source for 12-15 minutes or until pork is cooked through.

I am all out of sweet potatoes so I think I will just bake some regular potatoes in the oven, coating with olive oil first and spearing with a fork/knife. I also have asparagus in the fridge. I will break off the hard woody ends and steam for a few minutes until the asparagus turns bright green. Can't wait until its all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment