Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mexican Chicken in the slow cooker

Yesterday was a busy day, so I quickly threw together my Mexican Chicken in the slow cooker, so it was ready at supper time. I have a slow cooker with the flat base heating element and a rectangle pan with glass lid that sits on top. It heats high and fast and usually chicken will be fully cooked after 2 hours. My family really enjoys this recipe, even my children! and it is so healthy and low carb.

Ingredients
1-2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP minced garlic
1/2 cup onion diced
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 to 1 cup mild salsa
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 bag frozen corn
1 TBSP oregano
1 TBSP italian seasoning
1 tsp thyme
sea Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

At the bottom of the slow cooker, drizzle the olive oil, add the minced garlic and onions. Place chicken breasts on top of onions and garlic. Pour the salsa, tomatoes and green chilies, seasonings, and corn over chicken. Cook for 2 hours on high and turn down to low for last 1 hour of cooking. Cook until chicken is so tender it will shred easily. Before serving, I shredded the chicken in the slow cooker and mixed with all ingredients. This recipe is so easy and so healthy. It tastes great too. I hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment