Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Corns, Beans and Rice

I still have many boxes of brown rice to eat and still have a few recipes up my sleeve to try. Here is one more I pulled out of my pocket by mixing ingredients I have on hand. My husband so enjoyed this dish that he ate it as his main meal rather than a side dish as originally intended.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels cooked
  • 3 cups cooked brown rice
  • 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 green or red pepper diced

Dressing:
  • 3-4 TBSP olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lime or 2 TBSP bottled lime juice
  • 1 TBSP ground cumin
  • 1 TBSP  ground garlic
  • 1 TBSP onion powder
  • 3 TBSP cilantro
  • kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic, onion powder, and salt/pepper. In a large bowl, mix the rice, corn, peppers and beans. Fold in the dressings with the rice and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment