- 4 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans unsalted, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes or a can of Rotel, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- In a saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer according to directions on package. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (or can of Rotel), salt, pepper and lettuce.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through.