- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup orange juice or 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a blender, combine the first four ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; make a well. Add orange juice mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with marmalade. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pancakes with 1 tablespoon marmalade equals 150 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes published in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p9