Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sausage, Eggplant, and Zucchini

This is a harcombe diet acceptable recipe for phase one. My mother brought me 3 large eggplants from her garden and wanted to find a way to incorporate them into a meal for my family. I found this recipe at http://www.eggplantrecipes.net/ and made modifications.

Ingredients :
1 lb Lean ground Beef or pork Sausage without added sugar (I used Epiphany Sausage made by the church from my hometown)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Large White Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Eggplant, peeled and chopped
1 large zucchini
3/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes
1 (14.5 ounces) can fire roasted no salt added Diced Tomatoes (I use Muir Glen Organic)
2 TBSP Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley Leaves, chopped

Preparation:
1. Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add ground beef/pork sausage and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, breaking into crumbles as it cooks. Sausage should be evenly browned.
3. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels or drain with colander.
4. Add chopped onion, crushed garlic, zucchini and eggplant to pan. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in chili flakes and diced tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
6. Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
7. I spooned eggplant mixture into my pampered chef stone casserole dish. Added sausages. Covered and cooked in the microwave for 10 minutes.
8. Stir in parsley. Season with pepper. Serve with steamed vegetables or by itself.








No comments:

Post a Comment